[Marxism] Some Differences between Vietnam and Middle East antiwar struggles

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 13:23:52 MDT 2006

On 7/23/06, Brian Shannon <brian_shannon at verizon.net> wrote:

> 1. A small Marxist group (SWP) and a larger Marxist group oriented
> towards the Democratic Party ((CP), both of which focused on the main
> world issue and had the experience and commitment to keep on course*
> > 2. Marxist groups that are narrower, more consumed with own purity,
> > and little grasp of need for flexibility*

My historical curiosity: Perhaps Louis can answer this q:

How much larger was the CP than the SWP during the 60s?  My impression is
that though the CP had a larger "membership" than the SWP, most of that
membership was not active, whereas the SWP even though small, kept most of
its membership restricted to active cadres, plus a few older comarades who
could not be as active as they once were but none-the-less contribued.