[Marxism] Moderator's note

Jeffrey Thomas Piercy, El Pato Comunista mqduck at sonic.net
Mon Jul 24 06:51:54 MDT 2006

Louis Proyect wrote:
> Just to make myself crystal clear, anybody else who taunts Marxmail
> subscribers as candidates for making common cause with the imperialists
> in this fashion will also be removed. I am not fooling around.

You know, her sentence you unsubbed her for may not have had much value.
It may have even been flamebait. But you're assuming too much if you
think pointing out more worthy targets means implying people are making
"common cause with imperialists."

You try to end a conversation so as not to drive her away like she
apparently has been from somewhere else by someone, she says you're the
one acting like him, you unsub her. I notice you never even responded to
her.

Alright, I know that was a really, really cheap shot. But seriously,
sometimes I don't get you, Lou. You should note that there was no actual
animosity in this thread until this. Don't you usually issue warnings?
Don't you usually just suspend posting rights for a week or whatever?

I, like most others it seems, don't agree with her take on Iran. But I
loved hearing it expressed and debated. Our discussions on Iran will be
half as interesting or worthwhile if she's driven away for good.

At the least, I think you should offer her an official invitation to rejoin.

With as little personal animosity as possible towards Louis and all of
God's creatures,
Jeff