[Marxism] tenure

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jul 24 11:31:04 MDT 2006

Kathleen de la Peña McCook wrote:

> I am a tenured faculty member. I'm too overwhelmed grading papers now
> to explain that I don't think I'm all that useless.
> --Kathleen

As Mark Lause pointed out, this ought not need to be argued on a marxist
list. I have never been able to understand why anyone should have any
difficulty at all in understanding that it would be leftists, not the
incompetent, who would be fired if tenure were abolished, and it is
leftists, not the incompetent or the less competent, who get no raises
under a merit system.

Carrol