[Marxism] realities of academic labor vs. G's fantasies

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Tue Jul 25 07:28:29 MDT 2006

Well, Mark doesn't present much of an argument here, other than he worked
all day yesterday.  Big deal.   My recollections of Harvard, Yale, and other
places do not include those of overworked professors.   But, this was a
number of years ago, and maybe the situation has changed.   Everyone
everywhere bitches about how hard they work.  The fact remains that the
academy has become a sclerotic, unresponsive overfed monster that needs to
be cut down to size.  Junking the idea of a lifetime sinecure for *anyone*
is always progressive to my mind, though it may offend liberal (though not
Marxist) sensibilities.

Anyway, enough said.

Louis G