[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jul 26 07:21:14 MDT 2006

Brian wrote:
>Louis G. justified his argument against tenure, not with another
>tactic or strategy of fighting for academic workers, but with an
>attack on the protection of tenure and for dismantling the "welfare
>state" as a whole, presumably with all of its protective measures. He
>moved past his own point. Seeing this, isn't it legitimate for others
>on this list (also self-proclaimed Marxists), to follow his reasoning
>and ask where he is going?

We need to avoid these threads where one person expresses a heterodox
opinion and a bunch of other comrades feel the necessity to defend orthodox
Marxism for days on end. Louis Godena has many views that differ from
mainstream Marxism and we should be grateful that he doesn't feel any
particular need to intervene around them constantly.

Let's let this drop now. Please.

--

www.marxmail.org