on consciousness was Re: [Marxism] Israel declares war on the U.N.

g.maclennan at qut.edu.au g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Wed Jul 26 18:40:33 MDT 2006

Hi Carroll

Consciousness alters at particular points.  Generally trivial and insignificant in themselves, but turned into nodal points by historic change erupting thru.  After all that is how the Russian Revolution happened.

I am not saying that the murder of the four UN observors will prove such a catalyst.  It might.  Whatever the case the minutiae of life are significant and we should be careful, not to follow down the path created by the broad Hegelian historical perspectives which consigns individual disasters to the collateral damage of the cunning forward march of reason.

regards

Gary