[Marxism] an idea "...to construct an alliance between them..."

Andy esquincle at capital.net
Thu Jul 27 22:00:58 MDT 2006

This idea (below) occurred to me early this year, while driving back
from NYC after a press conference I attended, in support of my
neighbor.
<http://www.muslimsweekly.com/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=1292&Itemid=157>

In my own neighborhood, we have seen many attacks, many lives disrupted
if not destroyed.

They include --

a young Jordanian pizza parlor owner from Albany, NY deported -- after
being tortured at the Metropolitan Detention Center in NYC -- for the
alleged crime of being heard (across a busy city intersection)
denouncing the USA;
<http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week604/cover.html>

a young pizza delivery person from Hudson, ultimately deported to
Pakistan for the crime of taking a photograph from a hilltop that had a
glorious view on a clear autumn day;
<http://www.chathampeace.org/
old%20index%20the%20first%20web%20page%20use%20as%20back%20up.htm>

a Rome, NY oncologist whose crime was trying to help sick Iraqis -- and
who had been counted as a terrorist by Ashcroft -- but who was
convicted instead of Medicare fraud;
<http://freedhafir.blogspot.com/>

a preposterous FBI entrapment operation in Albany, in which a local
Kurdish Imam remains in impossibly strict confinement;
<http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/aug2004/alba-a19.shtml>
<http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?
storyID=500100&category=REGION&newsdate=7/16/2006>

the case of Imam Umar -- see our literature at
<http://nepajac.org/ImamUmar.htm>

I'll wager that my little town, ultimately, is not that different from
anyone else's.
(I also think that Mauri’ Saalakhan's work might help show the way.
<http://www.peacethrujustice.org/home.htm>

But I didn't really understand this notion until Yoshie's big nudge.

Now Gary says:

> Roughly and crudely speaking traditional opposition seems to be
> strongest in the Islamic world while opposition of the latter kind is
> strongest in Latin America.
>
> So we have two sources of opposition to the new Order.  It is vital to
> construct an alliance between them. That will not be easy – witness
> some of the recent threads on this list.

the idea:

We at Marxmail might consider forming an International Muslim Defense
-- an internet project of marxists -- that concentrates data
documenting the victimization of Muslims by imperialism, -- "the global
war on terror" -- broadly cast, together with info about how to contact
those exposing the crimes or supporting the victims.... from
Mazar-i-sharif to Maher Arar to Bint Jbeil, etc.  Many of us are
intense readers.  Some of us are prolific posters.  We should direct
fundraising directly to the cause at hand -- and we should also have a
way to ask for funds for a website that has a paper newsletter that can
be downloaded as well as mailed or sold or handed out, multilingual.

Andy