[Marxism] Chavez in Tehran (Re: To Yoshie was Re:ImperialismOldand New)

Paul H. Dillon illonph at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 28 07:12:53 MDT 2006

Mark Lause wrote:

Nothing taking place in Latin America today would be possible without the
preoccupation of U.S. attention and resources in Iraq and Afghanistan and,
by proxy, Gaza and Lebanon.  If Latin Americans recognize this, there
doesn't seem to me to be anything inherently far-fetched in expecting the
peoples of the Mid-east to recognize it.

I totally agree and view it in a strange way as a confirmation of Gundar
Frank's theory of third world development: when the capitalist countries are
in crisis - the chains are loosened.  But that doesn't lead to the
projection of a mid-east unification a la Yoshi's wish.

Paul Dillon

YOU MUST clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
Send list submissions to: Marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu