[Marxism] Help with Ben Gurion citation, please

Gilles d'Aymery aymery at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 1 13:59:24 MST 2006

I am looking to authenticate these two citations attibuted to Ben Gurion
and allegedly cited in the book, "The Armed Prophet" by Michael Bar
Zohar, on page 157.

1) "As for the Arab refugees, he (Ben Gurion) was quite emphatic: 'We
must do everything to ensure they never do return'."

2) "Even if the front lines are in our favour at the moment of
the truce being declared, it does not mean that we shall be allowed to
retain the occupied territory, for now a diplomatic battle is about to
begin. If, on the other hand, the front lines are favorable to the
Arabs, it is almost certain that they will be allowed to keep the
territory they hold. So, what happens during the truce is of great
importance."

If anyone has access to the book (personal library or college,
university, etc.), I'll very much appreciate if you can check the page
157 and see whether these citations are there. Also, could you indicate
the info about the book (publisher, date of pub, ISBN).

You can contact me off list if necessary.

Many thanks,
Gilles d'Aymery
Swans Commentary