[Marxism] Bama Class War

Intense Red intnsred at golgotha.net
Fri Mar 3 10:19:55 MST 2006

 > The state's proposed budget in the Legislature would raise the state's
 > base pay for substitutes to $40 a day.

   (Cue the "we value our children" rhetoric.)

   Story time: As a former teacher, in a free semester after finishing my
certification, I did a lot of substituting.  I finally gave it up when I was
reading a newspaper which featured ads for both temporary janitors and
substitute teachers from the same school I was subbing in.  The pay for the
temp janitors was higher than the pay for substitute teachers.

   What amazed me even more was that when I talked to the principal and
pointed that out, he simply didn't have a problem with it.  I was dumbfounded
-- it was a helluva lot easier and less responsibility to be a janitor (but
of course they don't get to wear a tie!:-).

 In solidarity.

--
While we sit comfortably using our computers, soldiers paid for with our taxes
are killing and torturing innocent people half a world away in order to steal