[Marxism] Sophie Scholl and the White Rose

kersplebedeb info at kersplebedeb.com
Sun Mar 5 17:51:22 MST 2006

i am not sure who is distributing the movie, but i had the pleasure of
seeing it at the world film festival in montreal two years ago. i
strongly recommend it. the director Nike von Glasow was there, and spoke
afterwards. i believe he mentioned that he had interviewed former
members of the Edelweiss Pirates as research for the film, that many of
the events and characters portrayed were based on real people...
what i remember most is that he summed up the film's "message" as
"people need to resist; if you don't resist you're fucked". i forget
exactly what else he said, but i understood him to mean this (i.e. the
need to resist) as not only applying to nazi germany.

i think it was subtitles, but i could be wrong...