[Marxism] correction on: Did Cannon havea"liquidationist"position on the Black question in the U.S.?

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Sun Mar 5 19:15:39 MST 2006

Hence I think it's more accurate and
useful to see African Americans and Jews per se
as oppressed castes.
--
I  prefer, partly because I always thought of myself as part of a people
and never as part of a caste a la ancient India or other very

So I prefer the word nation, which is consistent with my consciousness
as a rather modern secular Jew and also consistent with the
self-consciousness of  Blacks whose nationhood originates with
capitalist slavery. Nick prefers to torture the word caste, partly
because the word nation causes his anxiety level to increase
unacceptably, for reasons I do not fully grasp (although I suspect they
have more to do with Australia than the United States).

I say nation.... You say caste.... Let's call the whole thing off.
Fred Feldman