[Marxism] Anne Braden

dwalters at marxists.org dwalters at marxists.org
Mon Mar 6 19:14:43 MST 2006

I knew Ann Braden when I was in Jr. High School and my parents were regularly
throwing benefits at our house in Westchester for the Southern Conference
Educational Fund (SCEF). She would come up from Louisville or where ever she
was based with a parade of celebreties like Ozzie Davis and Rubie Dee, and
lot's of others. It was, for me, quite exciting. Their paper, interestingly,
covered the union organizing SCEF initiated or supported, almost always
independent unions from the most oppressed sectors of our class, like Black
chicken-pluckers in Alabama or maids in hotels in Tennesee. It really was a
fascinating group of people.

David