[Marxism] Only five "genuine" cases of mistreatment says Gonzales

Brian Shannon brian_shannon at verizon.net
Tue Mar 7 10:36:22 MST 2006

Top US official denies 'torture'
US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales
Alberto Gonzales said he was in the UK to "provide reassurance"

US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has defended the treatment of
terrorism suspects held at the US military base at Guantanamo Bay.

Speaking on a visit to the UK, Mr Gonzales denied prisoners at the
camp in Cuba had been tortured.

He told the BBC that of thousands of allegations of mistreatment,
only five had been found to be genuine.
. . .
_________________

Pointless to comment on this in depth, but we should note that these
"five" had trials. What does American justice have to say about the
thousands of its detainees, who have no trial, no habeas corpus hearing?

Apparently the U.S. government has no evidence against them either,
just as Gonzales claims there was no evidence leading to
"genuineness" for the "thousands of allegations." So if there is no
evidence against the U.S. prisoners, held by a government that has
had up to 4 years to collect it, shouldn't they also be freed?

Why not give them a trial or a habeas corpus hearing so we can see if
their claims of innocence can also be "found to be genuine"?

Brian Shannon