[Marxism] Debates about the declining American empire

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Thu Mar 9 11:59:19 MST 2006

But I think the newer literature on crisis handles this with balance,
avoiding 'breakdown' concepts and instead drawing on the ideas of
spatio-temporal fixes, accumulation by dispossession and the like to instead
show *displacement* (yet not *resolution*) of overaccumulation. And before
agreeing that profit rates have recovered since the mid 1980s, see work by
Dumenil and Levy which deconstructs some of the financial features and
argues differently.