[Marxism] Detroit Upcoming

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Mar 10 12:43:36 MST 2006

Friends- There are still 10 seats available on the charter bus tomorrow
(Sat. March 11) going to Benton Harbor to the rally supporting African
American community leader Rev. Edward Pinkney.  Bus leaves at 8 AM from
Central United Methodist Church (Woodward & Adams) and is back in Detroit by
6 or 7 PM.  Call 313-680-5508 immediately to save a seat.
    FUNDS URGENTLY NEEDED TO HELP PAY FOR THE BUS.  MECAWI is also sending
two Wayne State U student volunteers to New Orleans for Spring Break to work
with the Emergency Hurricane Relief committee down there.
We need funds to pay their transportation.  Remember - Bush taxes you every
payday to pay for this hated war and anti-people policies.  Even if you
can't attend meetings, demonstrate or go on trips, you can make it possible
for our side to be heard by writing a check, payable to MECAWI and sending
it to 5922 Second Avenue, Detroit 48202.
    Special Detroit City Council hearing on why the Police Dept. refused to
honor the ML King Day permit to march in the street.  Thursday - March 16 -
10:30 AM, 13th floor of Coleman Young Municipal Center (Woodward &
Jefferson).  Please come to protect our right to protest!
    Other March 18 events- Northville demo vs. the war starts at noon at the
Gazebo on Main St. just east of Center St.  Windsor demo also at noon starts
at the Windsor side of the tunnel.  Detroit demo starts at 4:30 PM at
Woodward & Jefferson Aves. - David