[Marxism] Trotsky mentioned in SFC opinion column

unmaid unmaid at cruzio.com
Fri Mar 10 15:44:17 MST 2006

Woke up this mornin' to an opinion article in the SF Chronicle entitled "Will the real conservatives please stand up?" by Bay Area Journalist Ira Eisenberg.  He distinguishes the politics of Goldwater and the neocons.  Then he says,

"The founding philosophers of neoconservatism -- Norman Podhoretz and Irving Kristol -- drew their youthful political inspiration from Leon Trotsky, a radical communist whose doctrine of perpetual revolution was too extreme even for the Soviet Union'g ruling Stalinists, who exiled and eventually assassinated him."

Does anyone on this list:
    Ever heard of Ira Eisenberg and know who pays him?
    Know the political history of Podhoretz and Kristol and what that all means?

I'm in the middle of a union strike, merger, and organizing drive.  Alas, no time to google up all my questions.

Thanks!

unmaid in CA

Shortcut to: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/03/10/EDGU9GJF5U1.DTL&type=printable

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.