[Marxism] Press coverage of Milosevic's death

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Mar 12 07:09:59 MST 2006

Slobodan Milosevic has died in struggle, which will have him live
forever in the hearts of those who he fought for:  the downtrodden of
the world.

If any additional proof were necessary, the way the press manages
this murder is convincing enough, I think.

Arg main newspaper, _Clarín_ (partially owned by the Vnzl media
tycoon and anti-Chávez  escuálido  Cisneros), headlined today:

"Milosevic:  the mysterious death of a genocide".

The whole (and false) story is within the main body of this
newspaper, but most people will simply stay with the "Former
president of ex Yugoslavia was found dead in his cell for reasons
still not known.  He was called "the butcher of the Balkans" and he
promoted ethnic cleansing in four wars".

It is a badge of honor to be thus slandered by the Argentinean
mainstream media.

On the opposite side of same first page, another headline reads
"Iran:  Clarín in a country that menaces the globe", and goes on
"What is it like to live, suffer and pray under the religious regime
that defends with fist and teeth their nuclear plan.  What happens
with women and with the power of the 'ultras'".

Many are expecting this month of March to trigger the so much
expected global crisis unleashed by the decadence of imperialism.

Maybe this spurt of filthy hatred on the first page of Argentina's
"liberal" newspaper is one of the signs on the wall.

Mane, mane, tekel upharsim.

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:11 Mar 2006, a las 12:00

> Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 07:14:14 -0800
> From: "Walter  Lippmann" <walterlx at earthlink.net>
> Subject: RE: [Marxism] Slobodan Milosevic is dead
> To: "'Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition'"
>  <marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
>
> The initial coverage I've heard this morning on NPR seems
> to be orchestrated to make one central thesis: mourning,
> but not for Milosovic, but for the fact that they weren't
> ever able to actually convict Milosovic of whatever they
> had in mind to convict him of. A good example of this is
> Silvia Poggioli's report on National Public Radio today:
>
> Milosevic Dies in Jail
>
> by Sylvia Poggioli
> Audio for this story will be available at approx. 1:00 p.m. ET
>
> Weekend Edition - Saturday, March 11, 2006 . Former Yugoslav
> President Slobodan Milosevic is found dead in his jail cell
> at The Hague, where he was on trial for war crimes. U.N.
> officials say Milosevic died of natural causes. He was 64.
>
> LISTEN:
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5257846

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky