[Marxism] Partisanship and Objectivity in Theoretical Work

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 17 07:26:21 MST 2006

"Austin, Andrew" wrote:

> I didn't gloss over anything.  I assumed the definition of ideology with
> which Marxists operate.

You are badly confusing words and things. In fact there is not a
consistent use of the words "science" and "ideology" among Marxists.
Note, I said _words_.  There simply (even for marxists) is not just one
"meaning" for each word in the language. Language is more complicated
than that.

In a given context a word can be made to carry a particular sense. But
it is nonsense to say that any word "really" means such & such.

Carrol