[Marxism] Request for information:Haiti, Sandra Halperin

Prem K Govindaswamy govi0006 at umn.edu
Sat Mar 25 20:52:32 MST 2006

Hello, I would like to ask the members of this is list for some information
regarding Haiti, and also author Sandra Halperin.

Haiti: Does anyone know of Books and authors which specifically cover
historial period of Colonialism and Neocolonialism of Haiti by the US, from
1890 onwards, especially analyzing from an economic viewpoint? If anyone
could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it greatly.

Sandra Halperin: I am lookin to start reading her work. Can anyone tell me
the general viewpoint she bases her analysis from (i.e. Marxist, Liberal,
Social Democrat, Autonomist, Rightist, Neocon, Neolib etc.) Are there any
prejudices, peculiarities or deviations in her work from traditional
Marxist or capitalist analyses I should know about?

Thanks.