[Marxism] As popular resistance blocks US gain for humanity --occupation and disintegration of country continue

Russell Morse russell.morse at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 26 14:08:07 MST 2006

Fred's points are well taken.  There's a further dimension to the story,
however, to the extent that Washington is criminally complicit in the
spiraling ethnic/religious slaughter in Iraq - see the links below.
While Whitney's account may be a bit too Machiavellian, Max Fuller's
well-documented investigation leaves little doubt as to the US role in
the emergence of death-squad practices.  This is the necessary context
missing from Gittleman's Times articles.

Mike Whitney, "Death Squad Democracy: Bush Employs the Salvador Option"
http://www.counterpunch.com/whitney03212006.html

Max Fuller, "For Iraq, "'The Salvador Option' Becomes Reality"
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/FUL506A.html

RUSSELL MORSE