[Marxism] Do you agree or disagree with the following proposition

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Mon Mar 27 02:54:24 MST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:49:13 -0500, Charles Brown wrote:

> Production and economic classes are the starting point
> of Marxist analysis of human society,

  as Robert Montgomery has already pointed out, social classes are a
product of history, i.e. they came into being at some point the
evolution of mankind, and will vanish once the conditions for that are
fulfilled.

> In human biology there is necessity, things that must
> be done.

  I came to the conclusion[1] that not every biological feature is based
on necessity, at least not in an immediate practical sense. What
necessity has driven the humans to develop the female bosom as a
permanent feature? It serves no practical purpose except being
attractive. There are other examples for features which are of purely
aestetic nature without practical purposes in other species, too.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany
visit http://www.mlwerke.de Marx, Engels, Luxemburg, Lenin, Trotzki in
German

[1] The book "Woman: an intimate geography" by Natalie Angier helped me
in finding this out