[Marxism] question re France

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 29 12:18:48 MST 2006

Why are people from the United States of America worrying on a day
like today about what they think the French AREN'T doing? Aren't
the French doing enough for one day?????????????????????????????
We aren't doing quite as much as they are. We need to catch up!

Vive les francaises!

Walter Lippmann

MILLIONS PARTICIPATE IN STRIKES: France, Germany and United Kingdom
http://www.granma.cubaweb.cu/secciones/ingles/noticias/art52.html

France: Reasons behind a revolt
by ARSENIO RODRÍGUEZ, March 25, 2006
http://www.walterlippmann.com/docs479.html
ANDREW POLLACK OBSERVED AND ASKED
Yesterday's strikes and demos are awe-inspiring (and combined with
the actions in Britain, South Africa, and the US in the last week,
very encouraging). One question: comparing the 1 to 2 million on
strike yesterday to the 10 million at the peak of 1968, what sectors
need to be pulled out next? The union leaderships have very
consciously and explicitly NOT declared a general strike, but that
doesn't mean it won't happen. So the question is, based on sectors
that WERE pulled out yesterday, who's next?