[Marxism] Bill Warren Controversy

Yavuz Tuyloglu yavuztuyloglu at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 13:53:04 MST 2006

Thanks for the help Louis...By the way, the photo is taken in Turkey. And how do I know? I am Turkish... Thanks again for the help and amusement provided by Kaloogian...

  Yavuz

Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

>I would be glad if anyone could help me with the controversy over Bill
>Warren's Imperialism: Pioneer of Capitalism. Especially responses
>published in journals, if not material on the net....
>
> Thanks
> Yavuz

You are probably referring to his Kautskyist support of imperialism. I
cover this question in a more general way at:
http://clogic.eserver.org/2002/proyect.html. I have to admit that I have
never read his books and have concentrated more on Robert Brenner, who is
nowhere near as bad.I also wrote about Warren's opposition to Irish
nationalism here: http://www.marxmail.org/archives/january99/cockshott.htm

You can also check Jim Blaut's polemic against John Willoughby, who repeats
many of Warren's arguments, here:
http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/mydocs/Blaut/imperialism.htm

Here's an article that deals specifically with Warren. It seems okay.

http://www.etext.org/Politics/Red.Politics/rp16

--

www.marxmail.org

YOU MUST clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
Send list submissions to: Marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu