[Marxism] Do you agree or disagree with the following proposition ?

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Wed Mar 29 15:49:20 MST 2006

To some of Brian's queries...

"who was more revolutionary: Cavour, Victor Emmanuel, Garibaldi, or
Mazzini."

Definitely the Brooklyn dude, Mr. Garibaldi

"Should Marxists have supported Prussia or Austria for the unification
of Germany."

We should have avoided lesser evil options and gone with the Silesians.

"Should Marxists have rejected the language of Dante, spoken by less
than 5% of the population when Italy was formed or fought for the
regional dialects (I once had an Argentinian friend who spoke both
Italian and Sicilian in addition to her native Spanish)?"

Italiobonics would have probably net us some grant money.

Brian concludes..."In 1961 I joined a movement that had an answer to
every question.  Many of them should have had a big fat ? over them."

Yes, but if you don't know whether to support the Texans or Mexico in
the 1836-37 war, what would you tell Doctor Who when he needs to know?

Only a Pabloite revitionist wouldn't know what to tell him....

Solidarity!
Mark L.

PS: Realizing that email doesn't always convey it, the above is 100%
unserious.