[Marxism] WSWS review of "V for Vendetta"

Joaquín Bustelo jbustelo at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 30 19:16:34 MST 2006

I think the comrades of the WSWS are to be congratulated for such a
brilliant parody of "Marxist" and "political" film reviewing.

Especially hilarious are the author's repeated denunciations that --of all
things-- in a film named "V for Vendentta" the title character is "driven by
the desire for revenge as much as political idealism." Who woulda thunk it
with a name like that?

It strikes me the comrades' cultural commentary is now finally up to the
level of their political analysis.

Joaquín