[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Mar 31 11:16:31 MST 2006

>Engels addresses the central role of necessity in the following as well,
>immediately below:
>

>" Their efforts clash, and for that very reason all such societies are
>governed by necessity, which is supplemented by and appears under the forms
>of accident. The necessity which here asserts itself amidst all accident is
>again ultimately economic necessity."
>
>Marx-Engels Correspondence 1894

I don't want Charles to take this the wrong way, but this discussion has
had an arid and scholastic character from the very beginning. It has also
led to some sharp recriminations about whether one is being faithful to
Marxism or not, which is hardly the sort of thing we need on this list
especially when the discussion is not rooted in actual events taking place
in the class struggle.

My understanding is that there is a Marxism-Thaxis (a neologism for theory
+ practice) list moderated by Jim Farmelant at Utah that is really geared
to such discussions. Couldn't they be pursued there? Please?

Marxism-Thaxis:

--

www.marxmail.org