[Marxism] nepal

kersplebedeb info at kersplebedeb.com
Fri Mar 31 21:26:38 MST 2006

Those figures come frmo Li Onesto who was in Nepal in 1999 (i am not
sure if she has been back since), and Francois Thibault who was there
last year. I certainl cannot answer for them but i can tell you what i
assume to be the case. Basically i understood Onesto's figure to refer
to who "legally" owns the land and the wealth, as i do not believe the
monarchy has recognized the legitimacy of anything the CPN(M) is doing
in areas it controls.
However, your point is a good one. I have seen no statistics or data
describing the breakdown in wealth or transformed class structure in
areas controlled by the Maoists.