[Marxism] Election Discussions

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Thu Nov 2 21:55:00 MST 2006

Preoccupation with electoral fraud is a particularly important question here
in Ohio.  The Diebold company, which is introducing these unsecured systems
is politically allied to the Republicans, particularly with Ken Blackwell,
who, as Secretary of State in Ohio, presided over an almost-19th century
level of fraud in 1004.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Blackwell

The key muckraker in exposing the record of fraud in this state was Bob
Fitrakis.  The Ohio Green Party is running him for governor this year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Fitrakis
http://www.bobforohio.com/
Despite jumping through all the hoops and getting ballot access, a
bipartisan consensus has excluded Fitrakis from the major debates and I
don't know that he's had any television coverage at all, though we've done
pretty well in terms of radio and internet.

Democrats don't go anywhere near this issue.  Historically, vote fraud gets
little attention from the major parties because both of them have engaged in
it in areas they control.  Early on in the primary campaigns, I attended
some meetings sponsored by the local Deaniacs, and heard most of the major
Democratic contenders for state office, and their complete disinterest in
the integrity of an electoral process was a strikingly common feature of
their stance.

ML