[Marxism] Nicaragua's Ortega wins presidential election: quick count

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Mon Nov 6 11:06:49 MST 2006

This is partly what I'm hoping. But even more, that the Nicaraguan PEOPLE
will be able to have some influence on Danny. And as I've mentioned
before, I'm hopeful about this, since: a) The U.S. absolutely rejects the
FSLN, so he will have to turn to the people, and b) the FSLN, with its
trajectory and the remains of a popular base creates certain expectations
and demands. Of course, there's also the route of the PRI... We shall
see...

> We can only hope that Chavez and Fidel will some
> influence on Danny.

Michael Friedman
Ph.D. Candidate in Ecology, Evolutionary Biology and Behavior
City University of New York

Molecular Systematics Laboratory
Department of Invertebrate Zoology
American Museum of Natural History