[Marxism] How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 7 10:35:31 MST 2006

This keeps coming up, but I really don't see how it is relevant to
anything.

Everyone on this list supposedly takes for granted that  the capitalist
class is oppressive, repressive, & in general supportive of bad things.
And a large part of the population of the u.s. today _passively_ is of
the opinion that the Bush administration is a bust, particularly in its
war making.

So how in the hell do "exposes" of grandfathers, great-uncles, etc etc
accomplish anything but deflect attention from _today's_ quite public
crimes. It seems to be just another version of the premises behind
conspiracy theory, i.e., capitalism would be o.k. if we could get rid of
the secret crooks.

Carrol