[Marxism] Question re Latinos sank the Republicans in the mid-termelections

Gilles d'Aymery aymery at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 8 14:54:17 MST 2006

Gilles: "What will you do then, advocate to vote for the Republicans?"

Joaquín:

>> OK I will explain it to you "intellectually" since you seem completely at a
loss for any feel for what is going on. [.... much snipped]<<

Oops, I thought I had included a smiley :-) in my post. It must have escaped
Joaquín's attention...

My profound sorrow for being such at a loss... Should I apologize? This said:

Of the 37 blue dogs Democrats, 36 were re-elected -- the exception being
Ford. Jr. in TE 'coz he ran for the Senate and lost.

All these Democrats voted for the war in Iraq, tax cuts, and the wall along
the border with Mexico -- yeap, voted all for the wall.

Of the newly elected Democrats, 18 to 20 are blue dog Democrats,
increasing their group (is it a caucus?) to 54-56.

Not surprisingly, Pelosi talks of being progressives *but* pragmatists, of
working in partnership with the WH, of developing policies on a bi-partisan
basis. Biden, Schumer, et al, all sing the same tune.

I think that by now people must have a fair idea of where I stand; it is evident
that Joaquín and I disagree on the merits of voting for Democrats though I
do not keep insulting his intellect -- but that's another matter. :-) (note the
smiley, Joaquín?)

One thing I wholeheartedly agree with Joaquín is the absolute necessity to
see members of the black and latino communities in leadership positions.
I've said it quite clearly to Donna Warren who ran for Lt. Gov. in CA on the
California ticket. Got about some 148,000 votes...

I'm increasingly going to work in that direction -- it's small work, I know, but
with my limited intellect and my French bourgeois background what could
one expect!!!!!!!!!

Joaquín, humor me for a change.

Okay, have to go to the dump...

Comradely,