[Marxism] Horizon 2008

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 22:56:49 MST 2006

On 11/8/06, Gilles d'Aymery <aymery at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Mark Lause wrote:
>
> >>I suspect 2008 will be fascinating, though I wonder if Nader might be
> getting a bit too old to find such an ordeal of interest.

> I hope he gives a last try, though I'll easily understand if he decides
> otherwise. He's been so vilified by the Lib Labs, "friends and allies." and so-
> called radicals -- some of whom blast this list on the merits of voting for
> Democrats, all the while raging against the system.

AMY GOODMAN: Ralph Nader, we have to wrap up, but I just want to ask:
[...]  Are you going to be running for president in 2008?

RALPH NADER: It's too early to say. I do want to give you one quick
sidebar, Amy. In Morgan County, USA, in Morgan County, West Virginia, with
a 60% Republican registration advantage, the incumbent for county
commissioner was defeated overwhelmingly, by 20 points, by a challenger.
She beat him by 20 points. And that was done by person-to-person
campaigning, which I think is going to be the way progressives in this
country are going to win elections. This is a stunning victory over a
Republican machine that ought to be studied, in Morgan County, West
Virginia.