[Marxism] Media Self-Censorship

Jeffrey Thomas Piercy, El Pato Comunista mqduck at sonic.net
Fri Nov 10 11:58:36 MST 2006

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/10/1751219

More from Slashdot:

"On 'Larry King Live' Wednesday night, Bill Maher said many of 'the
people who really run the underpinnings of the Republican Party are
gay... Ken Mehlman, OK, there's one I think people have talked about. I
don't think he's denied it.' When CNN re-aired the interview, the
mention of Mehlman was edited out [MD] with no indication anything was
missing. When a minute-long video of the original vs. censored clips was
posted on YouTube, a DMCA takedown [MD] removed it (the original poster
plans to resubmit a shorter clip he hopes will qualify as fair use —
good luck, since the DMCA doesn't recognize fair use). Relatedly, the
Washington Post today was caught silently editing its published stories
[MD] to make them less informative. Unnamed GOP officials are also
saying that Mehlman will step down [MD] from his post when his term ends
in January."