[Marxism] WSWS review of "Catch a Fire"

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Nov 11 08:07:44 MST 2006

Let it not be said that the comrades don't know their Scriptures....  To
continue in Ecclesiastes,....

"I applied my heart to seek and to search out by wisdom concerning all that
is done under the sky. It is a heavy burden that God has given to the sons
of men to be afflicted with.  I have seen all the works that are done under
the sun; and behold, all is vanity and a chasing after wind. That which is
crooked can't be made straight; and that which is lacking can't be counted.
I said to myself, 'Behold, I have obtained for myself great wisdom above all
who were before me in Jerusalem. Yes, my heart has had great experience of
wisdom and knowledge.'  I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know
madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind.  For
in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increases knowledge increases
sorrow."

Of course, this level of generalizations itself confirms that "all is vanity
and a chasing after wind."

Solidarity!
Mark L.