[Marxism] The Execrable David Horowitz on Bettina Aptheker's Memoir

Kevin Lindemann and Cathy Campo kklcac at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 11 09:49:33 MST 2006

http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=25418

Daivd Horowitz is an odious person, but stopped clocks are right twice a
day, and I think Horowitz is right about one thing: It is hard to credit
Bettina Aptheker's allegations against her father. Her *LA Times*
article misleadingly suggested that he admitted the sexual abuse, but
the quotes from her book in Horowitz's article make it clear that he did
no such thing. On the contrary, he denied the allegations. At the
most--as a frail old man who had suffered a major stoke and who had just
suffered the loss of his wife of 52 years--he said he couldn't remember,
but that was after repeated accusations, and I don't think that means
much. I recall that sometime in the early '90s he got up in a meeting
and said that he couldn't remember what had happened over the past year
because of his health and its effects on his memory. The denials about
the allegations come through, though.

--Kevin