[Marxism] Stan Goff on bipartisanship

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Nov 12 06:47:50 MST 2006

Any time you hear the term bipartisan, check
“your six” and check your wallet. It means the
ruling class is united and on the move. Given the
history of this term, I can’t imagine why it
doesn’t send shudders down our collective spine.
They call it bipartisanship; but it’s more like
The Bipartisan Ship — the primary war vessel of the ultra-elite.

The Bipartisan Ship is why we don’t have
universal health care. The Bipartisan Ship is why
there is no meaningful right for workers to
organize in most states. The Bipartisan Ship is
why the two state-institutions that can openly
engage in heterosexist discrimination are
marriage and the military. The Bipartisan Ship is
what gave us the “free trade” agreements that
have gutted local enterprises, destroyed the
trade union movement, savaged the economies of
Latin America, Asia, and Africa, and reinforced
overpriced war materiel contracts as a surrogate
export market during an apparently permanent
trade deficit. The Bipartisan Ship gave us the
largest prison population on earth (raw numbers

China with 1.3 billion people has 1.5 million in
lockup
 we have 2.1 million locked up in a
population of a mere 300 million). The Bipartisan
Ship is the Death Star dressed up like the Love Boat.

full: http://stangoff.com/?p=408