[Marxism] Victor Grossman: The Story Behind "Spy Chief" Markus Wolf

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Sun Nov 12 15:52:19 MST 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:45:44 -0500 (EST), Walter Lippmann wrote:

> His younger son Konrad, a Red Army lieutenant during the war, was one
> of the best GDR film directors, creating films which, though
> considered masterpieces by many experts, have only rarely bee>
screened in western countries.

  if I may just pick out this one:

> "Goya"

  a long film about the life of Spanish painter Goya. A sovyet-German
co-production, with the Lithuanian Donatas Banionas as Goya (the same
who played the main character Kris Kelvin in Tarkovsky's 'Solaris').

  Just wonderful. Don't miss it whenever you might have a chance to see
it.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany
visit http://www.mlwerke.de Marx, Engels, Luxemburg, Lenin, Trotzki in
German

BTW: I'm proud to have the original publication of Friedrich Wolf's play
"Zynkali", found in the heritage of my father