[Marxism] Democratic Senator on Iraq

Lajany Otum lajany_otum at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 12 19:46:11 MST 2006

(Courtesy of AngryArab)

WASHINGTON — Sen. Evan Bayh, a potential 2008 presidential candidate, told reporters from USA TODAY and Gannett on Thursday that most Americans don't know what Democrats stand for despite the party's electoral success.
<snip>
"I think we've got to put the pressure on (Iraqis), lead them to the abyss, and ask them to look over the edge and say, 'Is this what you want for your country: violence and death and civil war? If it's not, well, then you'd better start making some of the decisions.' "
<http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2006/2006-11-09-ind-democrat_x.htm>