[Marxism] Some of my thoughts

Alan Bradley alanb1000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 00:50:45 MST 2006

From: "Sayan Bhattacharyya"
> In present-day Britain, Australia and the US,
> does it make sense to try to organise a party
> dedicated to class _combat_ at the present moment?

Saying "yes" here sounds a little predictable, doesn't
it? But I'm going to do it anyway.

Here's the argument: the class struggle is still being
waged. The working class is still being attacked, and
is fighting back, however feebly.

We have to be in that fight. Furthermore, we need to
be recruiting the best fighters - the leaders - of
that fight. Otherwise we might as well not bother to
exist.

Some of these fights are mass struggles too. The best
example is the immigrant movement in the US. If we're
not part of that, and a serious part, we're just no
damned good.

OK, so our current organisations are "just no damned
good". I'll accept that. We had better fix it, hadn't
we?

> So the need of the hour may well be to have a
> party more dedicated to ideas and sorting and
> debating them in a more or less transparent way,
> which would convince  workers of its seriousness.

Chatter isn't serious, and won't convince anybody.
Actions speak louder than words.

Sorry for the cliche, but the thing about cliches is
they are true.

Alan Bradley

Sponsored Link

$420k for $1,399/mo.