[Marxism] WSJ column by Vietnamese ambassador to U.S

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Nov 17 11:34:12 MST 2006

Joaquin wrote:
>Okay, so the Vietnamese ambassador does the right thing, and goes to bat for
>Cuba, citing the examples of China and Vietnam. And Louis's response is ...
>to wag his finger and say that if the heritage foundation can understand why
>Cuba is different from Vietnam, so should we.

I am all for countries going to bat for Cuba, but the issue is whether
Vietnam is moving toward capitalism or not. I think the fact that George W.
Bush now holds Vietnam up as model for where Iraq should be heading should
make people like Michael Karadjis stop and think for a minute--not that
this will actually happen.

--

www.marxmail.org