[Marxism] Carter dares to identify Israel with apartheid

g.maclennan at qut.edu.au g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Sat Nov 18 15:28:05 MST 2006

How sincere are the bourgeoisie?  Very I think when it comes to desiring to dominate the world.  But that means they must not only know the world but prevent the majority of us from knowing it as well.  So they need to produce a double diet - knowledge for them delusion and distraction for the masses.

Television has been a godsend here.

But occasionally delusion creeps into the citadel - the core of capitalist authority and we get phenomena like Bush. Nothing is more dangerous for the capitalist system than to have a gungho idealist, who believes his own propaganda, set loose.

Hence the disaster in Iraq and currently the desperate attempt by Scowcroft & Baker to free Bush from the grips of what Americans call ideology and get him back within the fold of a native pragmatism.

Is there cynicism here?  Of course there is. One has only to come to terms with the esotericism of the Straussians to understand there must be. I myself am inclined to beleive that the most intelligent of the capitalists have to be cyncical, but that is not to say that there are not legions of true believers.

But at its black hearted core the Capitalist system is built on lies, dirty business and the most cynical manipulation of people.

regards

Gary