[Marxism] Re: Moderator's Note

David McDonald dbmcdonald at comcast.net
Sun Nov 19 11:14:40 MST 2006

Louis, in my opinion, is indulging in a personal prejudice. No one has
spoken to either validate his annoyance at Walter's level of posting or to
agree with his dismissal of Walter's political contribution as at best
available elsewhere. I find the fact that Walter sends only a small subset
of his CubaNews stuff to Marxmail evidence that he tries, like everyone
should, to moderate his mania for the addressed audience. I will admit that
thanks to Walter I have already overfulfilled my personal lifetime quota of
artticles written by Mary Anastasia O'Grady, but what the fuck.

It is ill-advised to indulge such personal prejudices because the
*slightest* real sustained movement of the masses in this country will throw
those of us with a pulse into close political proximity with people of
wildly divergent views whom neither Louis nor anyone else will be able to
unsub, who must be listened to, respected, learned from, collaborated with,
struggled with, and be tested in battle alongside of everyone else. A day of
that crowd, Louis, and you will think Walter is politically almost your
identical twin. You act as if the emerging leadership of whatever happens is
going to think like you. Not a chance.

David McDonald