[Marxism] Re: Moderator's Note

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 13:05:57 MST 2006

I too agree with the perception that there is drifting on the list. Too many
posts seem to focus on cultural events du jour, rather than lead to
sustained, in-depth discussion.

Also, in the interest of those subscribers in the developing world who may
not have good internet access, consideration needs to be applied so that
high signal-to-noise is maintained -- or those subscribers may get
frustrated and start unsubscribing.

I find Nestor Gorojovsky's (and some other's) interventions here to provide
a good model. Even when commenting on topical  or specific events, Nestor
often puts those comments in the context of fundamental questions of Marxism
-- an example/practice worth emulating.

-Sayan.