[Marxism] Moderator's note/China

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Nov 21 13:42:45 MST 2006

Lueko:
>Certainly not. A quarter of the world's population which is moving
>into the center of world economy and world politics is not "just another
>Asian 'tiger'". This is a country which has liberated itself from
>colonial domination by a popular revolution, and not some former
>half-colony with a strong increase in export production winning some
>autonomy from its imperialist master.

All I really meant to say is that there is no qualitative difference
between the mode of production in China and Taiwan. Sorry that I wasn't
clear enough. Furthermore, if you are excited by China's rapid strides as a
capitalist power, who am I to quibble. So was the late A.G. Frank, who was
certainly revolutionary minded around a whole range of questions, but at
least he made it clear that was because he wanted to see some other
capitalist power or constellation of capitalist powers to replace
Anglo-American imperialism. That's pretty much what Samir Amin is saying as
well (and Hardt-Negri). That's just not my cup of tea.

--

www.marxmail.org