[Marxism] Cuba Symposium at Tufts University

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Nov 22 08:50:58 MST 2006

CUBA TODAY: TRANSITIONS, INNOVATIONS,  AND TRANSFORMATIONS

A one-day symposium Presented by the Fletcher School, the Latin American
Studies Program, and the Tufts Latino Center.

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1. CABOT, 7TH FLOOR.

9:00-9:30 coffee

9:30-11:00 PANEL I: "Sustainability and Development of Social Welfare: A
Cross-Discilinary Approach to the Cuban Model". Presentations by Tufts
graduate students on their field research in Cuba with the Tufts-Cuban
Experience Program.

11:30-1:00 LECTURE: "Sustainability and Development in Cuba", Professor
Richard Levins (John Rock Professor of Population Sciences, Harvard School
of Public Health).

1:00-2:00 Lunch

2:00-3:30 PANEL II: "politics and Practices of Governance and Civic
Participation in Cuba". Presentations by Tufts graduate students on their
field research in Cuba.

4:00-5:30 LECTURE: Cuba Today: Politics, Culture and Civil Society",
Professor Rafael Hernandez (University of Havana, and current Robert F.
Kennedy Professor of Latin American Studies , Harvard University).

5:30-7:00 Reception

Sponsored by: the Office of the Graduate Dean of A&S; Office of the Dean of
Academic Affairs; the Bolwell-Toupin Fund.

For more information contact:

claudia.kaiser-lenoir at tufts.edu or call 617 627-3363

Hi all,

My weblog on Cuba, Falda Roja (http://faldaroja.blogspot.com/) is up and
running now. There will be more about our trip there with pictures soon.
Also, it will be regularly updated with news and articles related to cuba.
If you have written anything that you would like me to post here, please
send them to me and I will publish it with your name and any comments you
might have. As well as any piece of news or articles. I have a bunch of
stuff to post from the links I have collected from your emails throughout
spring till now. So, read on...

The purpose is to have a space with as much info on Cuba (policies and
people) as possible to share with those around us who might seem "a tiny bit
ignorant" about what we have observed and learned.

Thanks,

Saba Parsa | Chemical & Biological Engineering | Tufts University |
858.442.0873
_

--

www.marxmail.org