[Marxism] Is white male privilege an "illusion"? (Was:Re:Troubledtime)

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Tue Nov 28 06:48:38 MST 2006

Charles,

I am not tempted to bash my head against a brick wall because Joaquin or
anyone is discussing white male privilege.

Rather, I am tempted to bash my head against a brick wall because the
question in the subject line poses as a question what should be obvious to a
sentient sponge.

The source of my frustration with circular and abstract discussions of race
is obvious to anyone who read my post.

In the hopes that you might not find three lines too much of an imposition
on your time, I repeat that "the prescriptive dimension of this emphasis is
entirely depoliticized.  There needs to be more of a focus on how we can
address this issue in a political sense.  What is to be done?"

ML