[Marxism] Is white male privilege an "illusion"?

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Nov 28 08:34:10 MST 2006

Mark Lause:

I am not tempted to bash my head against a brick wall because Joaquin or
anyone is discussing white male privilege.

^^^
CB: Then I'm not sure your meaning was entirely clear when you said:

"I find that any thread with this subject line makes me want to bash my head
against the nearest brick wall.  Is that really an issue that needs
discussing?"

^^^^^

Rather, I am tempted to bash my head against a brick wall because the
question in the subject line poses as a question what should be obvious to a
sentient sponge.

^^^^^
CB: I take it you mean the answer should be obvious.

^^^^^^

The source of my frustration with circular and abstract discussions of race
is obvious to anyone who read my post.

In the hopes that you might not find three lines too much of an imposition
on your time, I repeat that "the prescriptive dimension of this emphasis is
entirely depoliticized.  There needs to be more of a focus on how we can
address this issue in a political sense.  What is to be done?"

^^^^
CB: You are white , aren't you ? If so, here's a suggestion. Don't take up
such an arrogant tone of talking so often.