[Marxism] Ahmadinejad's latest missive

Jon Flanders jonflanders at jflan.net
Thu Nov 30 04:07:48 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 22:51 -0500, dwalters at marxists.org wrote:
> THIS is reaching out to the US population? Sure, if one is a Nazi
> maybe. Playing
> to or trying to stir up fears of 'Zionism' "imposing itself" is
> something that
> comes out of every anti-Semitic handbook.

Well, I don't know where you live and work, but this bit of "wisdom" is
as common as dirt in the USA.

I wasn't referring to that, but to Louis's dismissal of the five page
letter's tone. He may not like it, but in my opinion, it is effective.

Overall, given the  any leadership perspective in the Middle East that
looks at the US population as a potential ally is something of a step
forward in my book. If as  anti-war activists we start off by picking on
this passage and outdo the imperialists in denouncing Ahmadinejad, we
bungle an opportunity.

That's all I will have to say on this. I have no desire to start up the
Iranian debate/slanging match again.

Jon