[Marxism] Quiting Marxism, embracing what?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 30 12:38:11 MST 2006

Carlos Petroni wrote:

>  I am herein announcing
>  and explaining my definitive rejection of Marxism in its current organizational
>  forms, be they called Marxist-Leninist or Trotskyist or Maoist.

He may mean he's renouncing marxism but this sentence doesn't say that.
What the sentence says is that he is renouncing the _current
organizational forms" of marxism -- which in my view is more ofa a
precondition for being a marxist in the u.s. today than any rejection of
marxism. Organizations as those named substitute for marxism a
particular set of opinions on contingent relations at this time.

Carrol